- Customer Service
- Utility Rates & Billing
Utility Rates & Billing
Effective July 1, 2022 - Rate Structure for Residential Service Within City Limits
Charges will be based on actual usage in addition to base charges of $13.14 for water, $28.78 for sewer, $10.50 for Capital Reserve/Debt Service Fee, totaling $52.42. If your property is serviced by the City Trash Pickup program, you will have an additional $20.25 charge each month.
Customers outside the city will be charged a triple rate for water. Sewer charges are calculated based on the water usage.
(Within City Limits)
|Monthly Capital Reserve Fee||$7|
|Debt Service Fee||$3.50|
|Water Monthly Fee - ¾-inch Meter||$13.14|
|Sewer Monthly Fee - ¾-inch Meter||$28.78|
|Sewer Usage Charge per 1,000 Gallons||Rate|
|1 to 3,000 gal (Rate 1)||$7.30|
|3,001 to 6,000 gal (Rate 2)||$7.99|
|6,001 to 9,000 gal (Rate 3)||$8.83|
|9,001+ gal (Rate 4)||$9.60|
|Water Usage Charge per 1,000 Gallons||Rate|
|1 to 3,000 gal (Rate 1)||$3.00|
|3,001 to 6,000 gal (Rate 2)||$3.41|
|6,001 to 9,000 gal (Rate 3)||$3.84|
|9,001+ gal (Rate 4)||$4.21|
Water bills are calculated based on usage. The first 3,000 gallons are billed using Rate 1, the next 3,000 gallons at Rate 2, etc. Commercial rates and base charges vary according to meter size. See current Fee Schedule (PDF) for commercial rates.
- Visit Citizen Self Service to pay using your MasterCard or Visa credit card or debit card 24 hours a day.
- Mail - Send payment stub with payment payable to City of Havelock in the envelope provided to avoid processing delays. Mail to the following address:
City of Havelock Water Department
PO Drawer 368
Havelock, NC 28532
- Bank Draft - Download the Bank Draft Form (LINK)
- In Person - Visit the office located inside of City Hall at 1 Governmental Avenue
- Drop Box - After hours drop box located by front door. (Drop box payments after 8 am will be credited the next business day.)
- Pay by credit or debit card at 252-444-6404 anytime using the automated payment system.
Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm