In 2011, on the ten year anniversary of the September 11th attacks, the City of Havelock unveiled a piece of the World Trade Center that serves as the centerpiece of our 9/11 Memorial. Located next to the Harrier Monument that stands in front of the Havelock Police Department building, this display will serve as a constant reminder of the untold sacrifices made that day, and the unbreakable will of the American Spirit.
- September 8, 2009 - Havelock Fire Rescue submits an official letter to the Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey requesting an artifact for the City of Havelock.
- November 20, 2009 - Havelock Fire Rescue receives email stating that the request has been approved.
- December 4, 2009 - The City of Havelock receives documentation of court order for the release of the artifact labeled I-0027b.
- July 22, 2010 - The City of Havelock receives legal transfer of ownership description (I0027b) from the court.
- February 9, 2011 - Transfer of artifact ownership signed and sent back to New York.
- March 29, 2011 - The City of Havelock receives description of artifact I-0027b (World Trade Center Beam).
- June 13, 2011 - The New York and New Jersey Port Authority approves Liability Insurance.
- June 28, 2011 - Havelock Fire Recue personnel travel to Hanger 17 at JFK International Airport in New York to bring back World Trade Center artifact.
- June 30, 2011 - The artifact is temporarily stored the West End Fire Station.
- July 12, 2011 - The artifact is transferred to Tandemloc where it will be prepared for mounting.
- September 6, 2011 - The artifact is mounted next to the Harrier Monument.
- September 11, 2011 - On the ten year anniversary of the September 11th attacks, the City of Havelock's 9/11 Memorial is unveiled.